Hot Topics

PCA Forum Issues

robin_x 19:47 18 May 2015

I recently posted in a thread the text eBay

An automatic link was generated and I wondered if I had a redirect trojan

ADW and malwarebytes were OK, but Ccleaner seems to have cured it. Maybe it was a cookie.

=-=-=

While I am here, PCA pages always seem to perpetually show a Refresh circle

Also I get continual LastPass warnings about passing my details to IDG (Yes/No)

Does the site code need fixing or is it me and my add-ons?

I use Firefox and sometimes Chrome.

robin_x 02:27 19 May 2015

I also have Green Ticks on every post in this thread

Does any one else see the same?

john bunyan 09:24 19 May 2015

No issues on IE 11

Secret-Squirrel 10:35 19 May 2015

".......but I get jittery when something amends my posts"

Me too. I made a couple of posts the other day where I mentioned eBay, Amazon and Dell and was a tad miffed to see that links had appeared making it look like I was promoting those companies.

By the way, a lot of users here use Adblock Plus, and with a bit of tweaking you can make those links disappear without installing any extra add-ons. Simply remove the tick from ADP's "Allow some non-intrusive advertising", click OK then refresh the page.

xania 11:09 19 May 2015

IE - same problem.

And I agree with robin_x about changes to my postings. Have queried with FE but no response. I suspect that some of those fancy video ads we are now getting could be the culprit, and that's the price we pay for having a free forum site??!!

robin_x 12:04 19 May 2015

I have lots of security but my jitteriness was increased because this had sneaked by and I didn't know why

I also make System Images every few days or 2 or 3 weeks and keep old ones on my 2GB ext drive.

So the Nuclear Option means I don't worry too much about severe infections and losing everything

This one seems minor, but still sounded my alarm

Secret-Squirrel 12:04 19 May 2015

Hi Lotvic

".....................(generates money for pca to help pay for this free forum)"

With the numerous media-rich ads, ad links, web trackers, and our posts now generating extra cash, I'd be very surprised if this forum is operating at a loss ;)

robin_x 12:07 19 May 2015

2GB? Sudden flashback to a previous life. I mean 2TB

bumpkin 12:19 19 May 2015

I asked about the links in a different forum a few days ago if anyone is interested in reading the comments.

click here

lotvic 12:20 19 May 2015

SS, Simply remove the tick from ADP's "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" thanks for that - will do :)

re:...generates money for pca... that's what all the adverts do. Personally I find the pages unmanageable without the blockers on ;)

bumpkin 12:22 19 May 2015

You will not of course see any red links if you are blocking them successfully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon's Summer Sale is now live

How to get your first design job

macOS Security Failure - Apple's 'fix' doesn't work

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs