PC won't start, no power at all

Philscomputer 20:40 21 Feb 2018

Hi, my Gladiator PC on W10 is getting pretty old but works fine. I put it in sleep mode a couple of days ago and when I tried to turn it back on it was completely dead, nothing at all. I have tried a new power cable, new PSU, staring at it for a while, but nothing. Any suggestions for what else I can try? TIA

Govan1x 22:26 21 Feb 2018

New CMOS battery might help. Worth a try I suppose.or try plugging it into another socket.Or plug something else into the socket to see if that works.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:36 21 Feb 2018

If the socket works and he power cable works and there is no sign of life at all then you probably need a new PSU or at least one to borrow and try.

mole44 04:39 22 Feb 2018

And if your going to clean the dust out switch it of first then use a can of compressed air to de-fluff it,leave for 5-6 minutes to let the compressed air dry (It's in liquefied form) then see how you go.

wiganken2 07:42 22 Feb 2018

I had a brand new PC that would not switch on. Brand new! A green light was showing on the motherboard so I knew power was being delivered but it turned out to be a motherboard fault and they replaced the motherboard. If your computer is old then, if it can happen to a new PC, then same thing could have happened to your's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)