PC Ventilation not working correctly

F7J4 13:47 18 Jun 2019

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble with my PC's ventilation system. It's a bit hard to explain. My ventilation is weak(idk if theres a better term for it but it's silent and barely even on) when I use a program like Word or watch videos. It gets stronger or more active/louder when I play games or do something GPU intensive like it's supposed to. Now the problem is that for some reason, since a few days ago, the ventilation is strong and loud even though I've just turned my PC on or do something simple like Word or Excel. Though the noise doesn't bother me that much I'm worried since the case and everything is roughly at room temperature. I've asked a few people and I looked online but can't find anything.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:22 18 Jun 2019

First make sure there isn't a dust build up inside the machine that is causing the fans to come on because of heat

second you may need to check your motherboards fan control settings in the BIOS

click here see about halfway down this page

F7J4 17:01 18 Jun 2019

I cleaned it again and it seems to have fixed it for now but i last cleaned it like a month ago

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:37 18 Jun 2019

Laptop or desktop?

How you use it and environment such as pets etc. can badly affect machines.

wee eddie 18:12 18 Jun 2019

Sometimes, when the fins of the heat exchanger is encased, it is difficult to get the dust from between those fins. Pipe Cleaners are good for that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs