PC to TV random text screen fuzziness blurriness

sunnydelight 17:51 14 Jun 2018

Hi all I have a problem with using my dektop PC with my tv as a monitor(I also have a PC monitor which does nopt display this problem). When viewing web text or text in programs the text will go fuzzy and then go back again. This seems to happen as I move the mouse cursor around the screen. If the mouse is in a certian position on the screen say over some text and the screen is fuzzy and I then move the mouse away from this position then back again, this will then causes the fuzziness to disappear then reappear. Thankyou in advance for any advice on this issue.

(I used to have an atom based mini pc with a plasma tv on HDMI that used to do a similar thing but the fuzziness seemed to just be random and always was exactly the same so might have been the tv.)

Setup Includes

DESKTOP PC Windows 10-64bit

MSI GTX 1080 gaming X - latest drivers from nvidia

Via HDMI cable to TV - Panasonic TX-58DX902B = FUZZINESS

and a benq 24 inch 16.9 pc monitor via a DP to VGA cable = NO FUZZINESS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:46 14 Jun 2018

Try changing the picture settings on the TV

sunnydelight 20:08 14 Jun 2018

Hi here is a slightly revised more detailed version of the problem if it makes any difference. I will investigate further with tv settings as you have suggested.

Panasonic TX-58DX902B MSI GTX 1080 gaming X

Hi all I have a problem using my desktop PC with a 4K Panasonic LED TV as a monitor at 1080p 60Hz resolution. (I also have a 1080p PC monitor which does not display this problem).

This issue appears when running the 4K TV at 1080p but is not present at 2160p

This will happen if for example a line of text is selected in a program window the screen text will go fuzzy/blurry all over the screen. If the selected line is moved up or down or a different line is selected the text will become clear again The same thing happens when browser and program windows are moved to different positions on the screen.

Thankyou in advance for any advice on this issue.

Setup Includes

DESKTOP PC Windows 10 64 bit with MSI GTX 1080 gaming X GPU - latest drivers from nvidia as of posting

Via HDMI cable to TV - Panasonic TX-58DX902B = FUZZINESS and a benq 24 inch 16.9 pc monitor via a DP to VGA cable = NO FUZZINESS

PSU - Corsair RMi Series RM850i ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold 850 W

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?