PC Stuttering/Lagging after damage to motherboard

Matt S 01:08 15 Apr 2018

so basically i was replacing my thermal paste and one of the nails got stuck in this slot you can see in the photo and i ended up having to remove the slot and refastening it into the bracket which is fairly annoying to do. In doing so i managed to damaged my motherboard around the edge of the motherboard socket as you can see in the photo i was wondering is this the type of damage that could cause issue with my pc to stutter and for my audio to be a bit dodgy at times. I seem to have this issue when i get stuttering on my pc or lagg when doing a random task and then my mic stops working in discord and i have to unplug it and plug it into another usb slot to get it to work. i have no idea if this would cause damage to the motherboard or not im betting it would be i need some advice cause im not sure whether to replace the motherboard or what to do.

here is a picture of the damage : click here motherboard is a z170x gaming 3 ddr4

the

alanrwood 10:42 15 Apr 2018

Sorry but I can't see where the damage is in your photo. Can you take another at a higher resolution and lighter and if possible add an arrow to indicate where the damage is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this free…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser WhatsApp sur son iPad ?