PC sound through Hi Fi?

  derbytrader 12:13 22 May 2003

following on from my previous query about a CDRW I started wondering. Is it possible to plug my PC into my HiFi somehow to get such applications as Realplayer or Windows MediaPlayer to play through the HiFi itself? It's an oldish PC - 4 years Pentium II 400MHz windows 98 and an older HiFi about 10 years. Thanks

  seedie 12:33 22 May 2003

a sound output jack, eg for headphones, just put an appropriate audio lead from this jack to your amp.Use AUX input on the amp. If not,You've got a problem.


  Paranoid Android 12:54 22 May 2003

As above - use the line level output from your sound card, which is independant of the volume controls.


  kane_2002k 17:56 22 May 2003

use above info, or if still in doubt just go to a hifi store, i.e. sony, richer sounds and they wil tell you what to do and provide the cabe required. As long as you have a spare set of inputs on the back of your hifi, - if that fails i also believe that it is possible to use the microphone jack on your hifi.

  Ironman556 18:28 22 May 2003

Assuming you've got the inputs/outputs on your hi-fi and PC, the cable you'll need is a stereo 3.5 mm minijack to phono.

You can do it the other way too. Using the same cable, you can connect the output from a line out on your hi-fi to the line in on your PC. You'll be able to record sounds then. Useful if you want to put old tapes or records onto CD.

  derbytrader 10:46 07 Jun 2003

got the cable and now enjoy listening to compilations on media player through the hifi. Excellent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?