PC shutting off after maxing out graphics

Koko123 15:28 09 Jan 2019
Answered

So I got AMD ryzen 2600, GTX 1070, new Asus motherboard and 2x4 3000 corsair vengeance RAM today, I got old 700W PSU. Started playing AC;odyssey and PUBG for roughly an hour max out without any problems, then i switched to Battlefield 1 but as soon as I set resolution scaling on 200 PC crashed. Then I started Kingdom come deliverance and also as soon as I set image quality on very high PC crashed. If I set settings then it becomes stable, I blame it on PSU, but could check how much for the consumption on very high settings because it crashes. Its not a temperature problem I checked that already, so what do you guys think?

KEITH 1955 18:32 09 Jan 2019

not your psu I got a gtx 1080 with everything maxed using a 650 psu , that's 10% safety margin, if you mean 2 x 4 3000 do you mean 2 x 4 gb ram , if so up it to 16gb , in the mean time don't do max anything just lower some settings.

Old Deuteronomy 20:27 09 Jan 2019

How old is the PSU and what is it?

Koko123 20:33 09 Jan 2019
Answer

Thank you very much for the replies, It was PSU just got new corsair 750W, works like a charm, yes I do have 2x4gb 3000 RAM

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Samsung Galaxy Fold : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique