Pc semi closing down in power save mode

wulliec 07:57 02 Apr 2004

Can any one help my pc after about an hour closes down in power save mode and I have to totally switch off the machine to get back on.
I have tried the section in screen saver mode for all the power sections but these are all turned off.

I dont know the special keys u press to escape power save mode either, but problem being it should not do this as all setting are off.

I would be most grateful for any help on this matter.

Cheers in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 02 Apr 2004

If windows power options are off, then you may need a look into the BIOS - there can be some power saving options there which override the Windows options.

wulliec 08:24 02 Apr 2004

Checked Bios, all power settings are off

Would it be a virus or trojan of some kind
I have now resorted to uppluging all accessaries like me printer etc but still happens can u suggest the keys to exit power saving mode
I tried moving my mouse and pressing various keys on the keyboard but didnt work.

Someone suggested to me it good be a registry problem , if so how would i be able to correct it

Diodorus Siculus 08:34 02 Apr 2004

When my pc is in sleep mode, I just press any key and it wakes; my laptop needs the power button pressed to wake it.

It may also be that your PC is not able to manage sleep mode. Has it ever worked, or is this a new problem? What spec is the machine, and what operating system are you using?

wulliec 09:09 02 Apr 2004

HP Pavilion t265.uk desktop PC usin xp home edition
never tried putting it into sleep mode

wulliec 10:03 02 Apr 2004

Just happened again , I had to reboot then it went into power saving mode..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?