PC restart / shut down issue

XMark1 17:10 31 Jan 2018

I am recently unable to restart or shut down my pc. I tried to reset the pc and waited though no restart, i thought perhaps the reset might force the pc to restart though it did not, and possibly by resetting the pc that it might fix the issue. So unable to do a reset.

I have also installed a security software and carried out a full system scan, nothing malicious found. Thought I would try this to see if it might find something that Windows Defender did not.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reading and hope to hear.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 01 Feb 2018

Disable fastboot see here

XMark1 13:19 01 Feb 2018

Thank you for your response Fruit Bat. I have tried WIN + R etc and this has not worked. I have also copied and pasted the command provided into Command Prompt. It read - The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied.

Any more ideas?

Govan1x 14:40 01 Feb 2018

Maybe try sfc /scannow using cmd as administrator to see if it finds and fixes any problems.

It will give you something to try till Fruit Bat /\0/\ gets back to you.

XMark1 17:38 01 Feb 2018

Thank you for your reply Govan. I tried what you mentioned in cmd and it says - You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am not sure how to get into administrator mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)