PC restart / shut down issue

XMark1 17:10 31 Jan 2018

I am recently unable to restart or shut down my pc. I tried to reset the pc and waited though no restart, i thought perhaps the reset might force the pc to restart though it did not, and possibly by resetting the pc that it might fix the issue. So unable to do a reset.

I have also installed a security software and carried out a full system scan, nothing malicious found. Thought I would try this to see if it might find something that Windows Defender did not.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reading and hope to hear.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 01 Feb 2018

Disable fastboot see here

XMark1 13:19 01 Feb 2018

Thank you for your response Fruit Bat. I have tried WIN + R etc and this has not worked. I have also copied and pasted the command provided into Command Prompt. It read - The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied.

Any more ideas?

Govan1x 14:40 01 Feb 2018

Maybe try sfc /scannow using cmd as administrator to see if it finds and fixes any problems.

It will give you something to try till Fruit Bat /\0/\ gets back to you.

XMark1 17:38 01 Feb 2018

Thank you for your reply Govan. I tried what you mentioned in cmd and it says - You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am not sure how to get into administrator mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?