PC randomly restarts when playing games.

Ronan Winchester 17:02 11 Jun 2018

My computer for a few months now has been restarting while playing games, i get the event-41, kernal power critical error with EventData:

BugcheckCode 0 BugcheckParameter1 0x0 BugcheckParameter2 0x0 BugcheckParameter3 0x0 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp 0

The PC only does this restarting during the day if i come home at say 1am and start playing the games that normally cause my pc to restart it works fine, but if i try at 1PM it will restart. Its not temps i've checked those and i don't believe it is driver related. Stress tested my cpu which was fine but when i stress tested my PSU or my GPU it then restarted. My last line of thought is that it could be something to do with the PSU and it might be working at night because less power is being used in the house or something im really lost for ideas anymore and have literally stopped playing games completely at the moment which is never good. if anyone could give me any help with this problem id be so thankful this has been annoying me for so long and i just cant find the solution.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 11 Jun 2018

All kernal 41 tells you is it lost power and you know that because it shutdown and restarted.

Temps - always worth a clean out of your machine and graphics card een if you think its not that.

Memory - rum a memtest

Disk space is there enogugh space on the partition - make sure you have at least 20% free space.

Drivers the usual advice is to update to the latest - however I have a couple of games that will only run on old drivers.

Ronan Winchester 17:31 11 Jun 2018

I've done and checked all that you have suggested above. Problems still persist. Any idea on why its only happening during the day/afternoon and not at night/early morning.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:14 11 Jun 2018

Household electrical equipment switching on and off can cause a spike in voltage and a shutdown, its usually something with a heavy load such as a fridge motor, tumble dryer, washing machine, shower etc.

MJS WARLORD 22:41 11 Jun 2018

in windows updates , check your active hours setting , it might be restating because it thinks you are not using it.

Ronan Winchester 12:02 12 Jun 2018

nothing accomplished so far still working at night and not during the day...

wee eddie 12:57 12 Jun 2018

This day/night thing has to tip one toward the belief that the cause is something on your home network/power-supply that is problem. Dishwasher/washing-machine/deep-freeze cutting on/off could be among the possible causes

Ronan Winchester 15:40 19 Jun 2018

realistically tht would mean my powersupply in my pc is dying if thinsg around the house are causing issue?

wee eddie 17:11 19 Jun 2018

buy a UPS, see what happens

Ronan Winchester 11:02 24 Jun 2018

What is a UPS? Ive been playing dark souls here since 8AM with no problems and at 2 minutes to 11AM my pc turned off randomly. usually it happens within 10 mins of playing any game duringthe day and at night it works normally. So near 11AM is the time wen it starts turning off randomly. What could be changing at this time to be causing this.

wee eddie 11:50 24 Jun 2018

Did someone turn the Dishwasher on.

UPS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable