PC random restarts windows 7 Pro

SukMyMango 12:41 29 Dec 2016

Hello . I recently changed my hard disk from a regular one to an SSD and after some time my pc started randomly restarted after one to two hours . Trying to fix this issue i read online to change the power settings , and when i changed them from balanced to high my pc restarted immediately and kept restarting every 30 secs until i managed to change the power settings to power saver . Now i kind of solved the problem but the pc keeps restarting some times and its low performing so it's not actually solved . I 've tried to update drivers , my cpu its not overheating and the power supply is ok . Any clues on what is wrong ? thank you in advance

SukMyMango 12:43 29 Dec 2016

Hello . I recently changed my hard disk from a regular one to an SSD and after some time my pc started randomly restarting after one to two hours . Trying to fix this issue i read online to change the power settings , and when i changed them from balanced to high my pc restarted immediately and kept restarting every 30 secs until i managed to change the power settings to power saver . Now i kind of solved the problem but the pc keeps restarting some times and its low performing so it's not actually solved . I 've tried to update drivers , my cpu its not overheating and the power supply is ok . Any clues on what is wrong ? thank you in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:16 29 Dec 2016

WHat have you used to check the heat and PSu voltages - speedfan is free and good for checking.

Does anything show up in event viewer? after the crash?

SukMyMango 15:07 29 Dec 2016

thanks for answering. Everything looks normal . In the event viewer kernel power error shows up but this can be caused from a lot of reasons so it doesn't help much .I found another solution ; to disable automatic restart , but i dont think that will solve the problem either.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:39 29 Dec 2016

Disabling auto restart may allow you to see a Blue Screen of Death and read the error No. it reports.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Imminent Moto Razr reboot rumoured to be pricy mid-ranger

Murugiah: Musings on movies, mental health and Miles Morales from the young master

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones pas chers (2019)