pc problem with web and outlook express

patso 13:17 15 Mar 2007

i had some sort of problem last night and had to do a restore.first the pointer icon kept changing to the hour glass rapidly then i found outlook was not showing any emails in my folder just the headers,also when i tried various sites the pages were not showing any graphics.i tried an avg scan which showed no virus,when i went to restore there was only one restore point for the 14th of march,after ages of trying to sort things i used the restore late last night and things seem to be normal again,i am wondering what went wrong and where the restore points went,i know my boy tried install a pc game yesterday as that was on the restore,any ideas please ,thanks ps was there a prob with pca site last night as i could not post to it thanks again

palinka 14:20 15 Mar 2007

create your own restore points to be on the safe side. which OS are you on? XP creates restore points quite frequently, but ME hardly ever.

patso 21:36 15 Mar 2007

xp home i had several restore points and dont no where they are gone but i will do as you say and create new restore points thanks again,ps i checked and system restore is turned on, patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?