PC Power Problem, help needed!

Menno 21:45 12 Mar 2019

Hey there, I've got a puzzle here; hopefully someone can help me out. I had the same problem in the past and bought a new power cable and replaced my videocard. For a couple of months the problem was fixed. But again my pc sometimes does and sometimes doesn't turn on. There's always power; the motherboards light is on and the usb-ports have power too. Still sometimes when I press the powerbutton nothing happens; no beep, no fans turned on; nada. When I walk around with the desktop it and try to turn it on again it works, but with the BIOS notification; I have to go into the BIOS and can go out straight away. The pc will startup as normal after although the time is always different (date and time zone stays correct, only the time itself changes). I have renewed the BIOS battery, and power cable. All my other electrical appliances in my house work fine.

My system: -Windows 10 -Intel i7-4790 -16 Gb RAM -GeForce GTX 1070Ti - Antec BP550W Plus - Asus HB1M-C mobo

Thank in advance, warm regards – Menno

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:20 13 Mar 2019

check your hard drive connections for both sata and power cables.

also check power cables to motherboard are fully pushed home

sounds like a bad connection or a failing PSU (possibly 12v line)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?