PC not working after bios clock reset?

ch1984 09:25 25 Feb 2019

Hi there,

I noticed my bios clock reset when I switched my PC on today. I thought it was the battery so I turned it off, replaced it with a new battery and now it's completely dead. The CMOS light is flashing. Any ideas of what it could be? Any help greatly appreciated.

KEITH 1955 09:46 25 Feb 2019

may be a dumb question , I assume you turned power supply off at rear before changing battery , did you remember to turn it back on

ch1984 10:02 25 Feb 2019

Hi there, I'm posting on behalf of my brother and he can't remember if turned the power supply off at rear. If he didn't what could happen? Also he said that 3 lights, the cmos, reset and power lights are all flashing

KEITH 1955 10:29 25 Feb 2019

never changed a battery so don't know if you could have damaged something if power was on when you changed battery

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 25 Feb 2019

Is the battery fitted correctly?

ch1984 18:27 25 Feb 2019

Hi guys, he went and bought a new psu and it's working again. He probably didn't turn the power supply off before changing the battery as mentioned.. thanks so much for all the help �/p>

martin mcginn 10:51 26 Feb 2019

This article contains detailed information. can help you click here

href

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?