PC Not Displaying Anything on the Screen

miah9303 11:21 06 Jun 2018

Can someone please help. My PC for some reason has stopped working. When I press the power button on my tower I can hear the fans starting to run but nothing appears on the monitor, not even the bios screen. I have tried using a different GPU and a different monitor but to no avail. Before this happened the Pc used to do this occasionally but after turning it off and on again it would work. Help would be appreciated.

wee eddie 11:33 06 Jun 2018

Do you get a POST Beep?

What about the Power Supply? A failing Supply frequently gives enough to run the fans but not the Graphics Card.

Have you tried it using the On-Board Graphics

miah9303 12:24 06 Jun 2018

Thanks but I forgot to mention, I have tried that.

wee eddie 12:29 06 Jun 2018

item 1, 2 or 3?

I would strongly suspect a failing PSU

miah9303 13:19 06 Jun 2018

Hi, yes I have tried using another power supply and have also tested the new power supply using a power supply tester. I have also tried using the internal graphics card.

miah9303 13:23 06 Jun 2018

No I do not get any bleeps.

wee eddie 13:52 06 Jun 2018

Check that your RAM sticks have not come loose. Take 'em out and put them back.

Worth a watch

miah9303 15:31 06 Jun 2018

Thanks wee eddie. I will try that out.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?