Pc keeps freezing completely around once a day

caperantagonist 15:35 03 Jan 2018

Hi, So my PC is relatively new, I bought it about 9 months ago brand new, but over the past month I've been having these freezing issues and I haven't been able to solve it. Basically what happens is that my PC freezes completely, doesn't matter if I'm playing games, browsing or whatever. It happens around once per day, and the only way I can get my pc to work again is to hold in the power button to physically restart it. Naturally, I thought it was malware at first, so I used malwarebytes and cleaned my pc, it found a few things that looked dodgy, I quarantined them and used my PC as normal, still had the crashes. I ran it again just in case, it found nothing. At this point I was worried it was my hardware, even though its completely new. I went into my pc and used compressed air to blow out all the dust and gave it a clean. Still had the crash happen the next day. I checked my reliability monitor every time it happened, usually it says nothing about the freeze but gives me the 'Windows was not properly shut down' and no other information, but I had 1 hardware error message that I haven't been able to figure out. Error message: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 3003 Parameter 2: ffff81065441b808 Parameter 3: 40010000 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10016299 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 2057

All the things I researched with this error had no effect on my crashes, and I'm not sure if its even related. I just want to be able to use my PC properly again. If anyone could help, or even just tell me things to do to maybe find out the problem, I'd really appreciate it.

my hardware; AMD FX-8350 4GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor MSI 970 GAMING Socket AM3+ 7.1-Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Dual OC Graphics Card Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory modules 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Unbuffered DIMM Dual Channel Memory for Intel 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor platforms Corsair VS Series 550 Watt VS550 Power Supply Toshiba P300 1TB 3.5'' SATA High-Performance Hard Drive (OEM)

chub_tor 16:42 03 Jan 2018

I put the major parts into PC Partpicker click here and this comes up with an incompatibility issue with the motherboard and suggests that a BIOS update may be needed in order to use your CPU with the MSI 970 Gaming motherboard. You might like to check this yourself first.

caperantagonist 17:12 03 Jan 2018

I want to see if I can update it but the MSI website is down for me :/ I only started having these problems about a month ago though, so I'm not sure if that will be the issue as I haven't updated my bios since I got the PC

Govan1x 17:30 03 Jan 2018

Just in case it is the same problem that I am having.

W10 Creators update Event viewer error Event ID 360 .

If you do not have that on event viewer ignore this post.

W10 Creators update Event viewer error Event ID 360

caperantagonist 17:33 03 Jan 2018

I already have that update!!

chub_tor 10:07 05 Jan 2018

I see what you mean about the MSI website, it is tricky to find your way around it and find out about the BIOS. But Click Here should take you to a page that if you scroll down shows something they call Live Update 6 that "Live Monitor auto-detects and suggests the latest BIOS/Driver/Utilities information"

Have a look at that page and see if you can compare your BIOS version with the latest one.

chub_tor 10:09 05 Jan 2018

Just checking that link I gave it seems as if you must also click on the Utility link and put in your OS (I assumed Win 10 64 bit)

caperantagonist 11:06 05 Jan 2018

Thanks for the link (: I checked and I have the latest version on there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)