PC infected with trojan and spyware

julas64 18:48 19 Jul 2008

please help, i've been having trouble with spyware for a day or two now. upon downloading numerous spyware removal programs, i found ad-aware, this found and removed spyware from my PC, however, i still get a pop up claiming to be from windows security center saying i am still infected with spyware. i found another program called "spyware terminator" and this ran numerous scans and found a trojan, which it is unable to delete. i looked into this and found it was in the following file :- C:\WINDOWS system32
this is very worrying as this appears to be an important file and cannot be deleted.
are there any files in there i can delete or would this have to be resolved by a system restore? mcafee didnt pick it up at all and i've only had the PC for 3 days.

thank you for any help you can give.

skidzy 18:51 19 Jul 2008

Try Superantispyware click here

Boot into safe mode and run Sas.

ICF 18:53 19 Jul 2008

Try bitdefender online scanner click here

julas64 19:52 19 Jul 2008

I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware. It Worked! it has completely deleted all the infected files, including the ones in system 32 and now my computer is working perfectly fine again! Thank god. I did run the scan 3 times to make sure it was completely clean, which it now appears to be.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

skidzy 20:01 19 Jul 2008

Dont forget to reboot and rescan julas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?