PC Help Needed! USB Disconnect Issues

Solarithia 14:39 25 Feb 2018

Hi folks, I'm having some trouble with my self build PC. The tower has two USB ports on the top.

I've noticed that I can only use one of these ports at a time. If, for example, my headset is connected and I then plug a memory stick into the second slot, the headset will disconnect and remain unusable until I remove the memory stick.

Could this be a power supply issue? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

MJS WARLORD 15:26 25 Feb 2018

just in case you cant fix the problem click the link below , these are known as usb hubs and can be bought as powered and unpowered , I have used unpowered ones, as you will see when you click on the link for pc world they have 1 usb that plugs into your pc and 4 sockets for usb devices , as you are going to use headphones you might pull the hub out of the pc so I would recommend you get some double sided tape and stick it to the underside of your desk.

This is the pc world link but you can get them from other outlets

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 25 Feb 2018

Each USh hub can use 500mA so if you have twou ports on the hub they will need to share the load memory sticksshould notbe using much power so two memory sticks may work

However a headset may be using alot of power, I use a powered hub on my desktop for conveinience as much as anything else as it allows a rear port to be more accessible.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)