PC guidance Organisation/Group in Evesham?

compumac 19:50 09 May 2010

I have a relative of retirement age and his son is moving to the States in the middle of the year. The son has suggested that he obtains a PC so that they can use Skype plus webcam etc for keeping in touch. Unfortunately for the relative neither, I or his son lives within easy distance from him and he is completely and utterly illiterate as to computers. He was tomorrow just going out on his own to purchase a laptop, but I suggested that under no circumstances should he do that until such time as he had some experience using a PC. Again unfortunately, it would seem that none of his friends or neighbours are sufficiently knowledgeable to advise him. I have offered to drive down for a day with my laptop, but he obviously does not have broadband connection at this time, I also feel that anyone in his position needs several time spaced periods to gain experience and indeed ascertain as to whether a PC is something that he would take to anyway
I have taught people who have never used a PC before and after a short period of time their eyes become glazed over, and I have found it advisable to space out the teaching and increase the times accordingly.
He lives in Evesham, - does anyone out there know of an organisation/group that is able to help in giving him experience in that area?

bremner 20:04 09 May 2010

This may be a starting point click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)