pc freezing, no boot device found

daren99 21:18 27 Oct 2015

Hello, and thanks for taking time reading my thread. My problem started about two days ago when my windows 10 froze for the first time. all my usb connections died one by 1 and the right monitor was shifting between no signal and signal. I restarted my PC and didnt think more about that untill it froze again. Now only 5 minutes into the session.

I thought the SSD that windows 10 was on was the issue so i thought i'd use use the HDD with windows 8 for now. But there was another problem there. The OS was ultra slow and i could barely open any programs (disk was always on 100%) I then decided to do a clean install of the OS, in the middle of the whole process the system crashed.

Right now when i try to start my PC it goes on for a few seconds but after only a few more the PC turns off and on by itself. After around 10 retries i get a black screen saying "No boot device found" . If i keep restarting my PC it will regocnize by disks but im still unavailable to boot. My personal thought is that there is something wrong with the PSU, Because the pc keeps freezing every now and then in BIOS as well.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED: -Removing one of the disks/ trying to power -Factory reset the harddrives - Resetting the CMOS on the MOBO - Startup the PC without the GPU, to use the internal one - Using other ramsticks then the current ones in my build.

My specs: ►Power Supply: Corsair CX 850 W ►OS: Windows 10 ►Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 3 ►CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4,4GHz ►Memory: HyperX Savage C11 2x8GB 2133mhz- ►Hard Drive: WD Caviar Red 1TB 7200RPM + WD My Passport 1TB ►Video Card: EVGA GeForce Gtx 780Ti SuperClocked

Thanks in advance - Simon

bumpkin 21:49 27 Oct 2015

If you do not have a clone or backup media try booting from the Windows disk and run the repair option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France