PC freezing and looping sound / average fps ingame

pai_ger 22:26 03 Nov 2018

So basically what is happing is that my PC is freezing while playing games and doing a very loud weird sound (which I assume is a just a short bit of sound getting looped).Also what is happening is that I get a lower average FPS in my games sometimes. Most of the time a restart fixes it but it's still very odd. In overwatch I sometimes go from 190-200 avg. to 120 avg. and even drop below 100.

EDIT:Most of the time the avg. FPS goes back to normal again after some time or just by a restart. But a restart doesn't fix it always.Also I am experiencing the random freeze problem since I have the pc but the avg FPS drop is new.

temps after 20min of overwatch load

What have I tried:

• I checked the temps

• I checked the RAM with the built in Windows Memory Diagnostic

• I reinstalled Windows

Specs of the PC are:

CPU: i7-6700

PSU: Antec VP600P Basic Series

RAM: 2x 8GB PC 2133 CL15 crucial

Hardrives: Samsung MZ-75E250 (250GB) 850 EVO, Toshiba DT01ACA100 (1TB)

Motherboard: ASUS Z-170 A MB Intel 1151

GPU: gtx970 MSI Gaming

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL