PC crash when gaming and moniters shut off

Lasse Steffens Negendahl 23:56 30 Jan 2018

when i play games on my pc, it crashes often, it's diffrent how long in between it does it, but when it does it, the game goes down to about 3 FPS for 5 seconds, and then the whole PC just freez. the moniters goes out , and say no signal, liek there were no cable, but there is. i dont know what to do, i have almost tried everything

wee eddie 00:32 31 Jan 2018

Graphics Card has dust blocking its Heat Exchanger Fins

Lasse Steffens Negendahl 01:34 31 Jan 2018

okay, i have a gtx 1080 founders edition, so you say that if i open the graphics card and clean it, then it would just fix it self?

ABC1995 07:25 31 Jan 2018

I also remember it.

ABC1995 07:27 31 Jan 2018

Or, Check your game details. Is it supported your Windows version or bit?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 31 Jan 2018

Does sound like a heat problem worth blowing the dust out of your machine - a hair dryer set on cool a small brush will do it. Make sure machine is off and unplugged first.

wee eddie 12:11 31 Jan 2018

You will, almost certainly, need to take the cover off your Graphics Card. The GTX 1080 Founders Edition could have rarely been better designed for trapping dust

Lasse Steffens Negendahl 19:06 31 Jan 2018

i have slit my graphics card apart, barely any dust in there, my pc is clean i clean it very often, still does it. just longer spaces in between now i think could it be the CPU?

Lasse Steffens Negendahl 19:07 31 Jan 2018

split*

ABC1995 04:28 01 Feb 2018

I recommend to Fruit Bat /\0/*. I personally use the *EasyGo CompuCleaner - Electric Computer Blower for Electronic Devices to blow out my PC. This EasyGo Compu-Cleaner is a computer blower that does not compress air from 120D electricity. It can also be used as a PC cleaner, keyboard blower, laptop cleaner and some others electronic devices.

Just plug this electric air duster into an electric outlet and it is ready to blow high-pressure air immediately unlike compressed air dusters. You can also use this EasyGo CompuCleaner - Electric Computer Blower for Electronic Devices

1]: [click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:58 01 Feb 2018

If the machine is clean then you need to use something like speedfan (free) to check temperatures and voltages.

If temperature are still high then you may need to renew the thermal paste on the cpu. If voltages are wrong then probably problems with a failing PSU

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?