PC CPU Fan replacement needed

Oliver Wall 14:55 22 Feb 2019

So my fan that was used to cool my CPU has given up on me. It was attached to my Hyper TX3 Cooler Master. It made really loud noises (probably because I had it for 3 years) Now I need a replacement but not sure what to buy. All I know is that it needs to be 92x92x25mm and also have a 4-pin connector. Also I’m not sure if the clips (that attach onto the cooler master) will come with the new fan.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Bris 18:29 22 Feb 2019

Your existing fan is a pwm fan (variable speed) so its best to replace it with a similar type such as this one here.

It will not come with clips but it looks as if you could reuse the existing clips.

Oliver Wall 18:50 22 Feb 2019

Thank you for the reply, I will buy this and hopefully it solves everything.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Designing a near-future Kowloon Walled City for Alita: Battle Angel

Microsoft brings Windows Defender ATP to the Mac

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique