PC building problems please help ASUS Essentio CM

Salvatore Riggi 19:08 23 Nov 2016

Hey so recently I bought an ASUS Essentio CM6830-US-3AB - Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz - 8 GB - 1 TB and decided to modify it in order to play games at a pretty good level. Originally it came with a 300w power supply and NVIDIA GeForce GT530 1G graphics card so I went and replaced both with a corsair gs 700 watt and geforce gtx 660. The problem arises when I turn on the computer and the bios screen at the beginning no longer shows up and instead the computer delays on a black screen for a little while until finally showing the windows screen login. OR occassionally nothing happens on the screen and I have to power down the computer just by tapping the power button (which is unusual because I usually have to hold my finger on it for a while in order to shut it off.) I realize I am a pretty crummy pc builder haha but this is my first project and I was hoping I could get help to what's causing the problem. I am able to play games quite well now at higher graphics settings but the bios screen not showing up and the occassional pc just not functioning seems to be a reoccurring issue.

Salvatore Riggi 19:46 23 Nov 2016

CM 6830 original specs

processor: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 Ghz

RAM: DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz 8gb

graphics: Geforce

Power supply 300 w

Hard drive: HDD SATA 3Gb/s 7200 rpm Serial ATA 1 TB

Mother board: asus p8h61 intel h61 express chipset LGA 1155

rickf 22:20 23 Nov 2016

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the new graphics card??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Disintegration preview

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Apple Watch Series 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs