PC building problems please help ASUS Essentio CM

Salvatore Riggi 19:08 23 Nov 2016

Hey so recently I bought an ASUS Essentio CM6830-US-3AB - Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz - 8 GB - 1 TB and decided to modify it in order to play games at a pretty good level. Originally it came with a 300w power supply and NVIDIA GeForce GT530 1G graphics card so I went and replaced both with a corsair gs 700 watt and geforce gtx 660. The problem arises when I turn on the computer and the bios screen at the beginning no longer shows up and instead the computer delays on a black screen for a little while until finally showing the windows screen login. OR occassionally nothing happens on the screen and I have to power down the computer just by tapping the power button (which is unusual because I usually have to hold my finger on it for a while in order to shut it off.) I realize I am a pretty crummy pc builder haha but this is my first project and I was hoping I could get help to what's causing the problem. I am able to play games quite well now at higher graphics settings but the bios screen not showing up and the occassional pc just not functioning seems to be a reoccurring issue.

Salvatore Riggi 19:46 23 Nov 2016

CM 6830 original specs

processor: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 Ghz

RAM: DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz 8gb

graphics: Geforce

Power supply 300 w

Hard drive: HDD SATA 3Gb/s 7200 rpm Serial ATA 1 TB

Mother board: asus p8h61 intel h61 express chipset LGA 1155

rickf 22:20 23 Nov 2016

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the new graphics card??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix