PC becoming unresponsive after booting up

Luke Foster 22:15 20 Jan 2018

After booting up my PC, it becomes unresponsive; I can still move the mouse cursor however I cannot click or do anything on the PC.

The PC is running on Windows 7

Please get back to me asap

wee eddie 23:04 20 Jan 2018

Please tell us a little more.

What Security Software are you running. Anti Virus, Anti Malware, Hard Drive maintenance like CCleaner, etc.

Luke Foster 23:10 20 Jan 2018

I have CCleaner, MSE and BT Virus Protect. The only things downloaded in the past week were Steam games and since then I did a System Restore to 11/01/18

AroundAgain 23:39 20 Jan 2018

Why did you feel you needed to do the system restore?

Luke Foster 23:46 20 Jan 2018

I did the system restore when the problem just started occuring, it was one of the only things I could do before the computer became unresponsive. Since the System Restore did nothing I thought the problem might be hardware based but I was hoping for someone more qualified than myself could she some light on things.

wee eddie 01:13 21 Jan 2018

Could this be a conflict between MSE and BT Virus Protect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:49 21 Jan 2018

Will it start in safemode? Press F8 as you power on to get to the repair menu and start in safemode.

Luke Foster 15:27 21 Jan 2018

It's the same in safemode. I could try uninstalling MSE but they've coexisted on my computer for a while now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:32 21 Jan 2018

I suggest you run a repair install from the win 7 DVD click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)