pc advisor site?

johnnyrocker 11:36 06 May 2008

this morning while reading postings i found that when i clicked on a link the page changed ok and it was still pca but the page content was blank, i tried this on and off for half an hour with the same results eventually decide to re boot router to see if that was an issue i was then faced with a warning message about system closing down due to interrupted rpc connnection and pc rebooted and all now seems ok, anyone else experienced this or do i have a problem on the way? xp pro sp2

johnny

sunny staines 12:03 06 May 2008

ok here

johnnyrocker 12:03 06 May 2008

shucks

johnny

jack 12:08 06 May 2008

Guess you may be sickening for something.
Take a swig of your favourite and go lay in a dark place for an hour
You computer will feel much better for it ;-}

johnnyrocker 12:37 06 May 2008

i might have to lol, what i dont understand is why powering router off caused pc to have to reboot?

johnny

esbe 14:03 06 May 2008

Similar thing here - (but not with router or reboot), but for the last 2 or 3 weeks or so I have also been gettting the blank content page & have found out that the contents appear at the bottom of the page after scrolling down.
I can now only correctly view this site using the 'smaller' or 'smallest' text sizes -which is annoying as It's too small for my eyes,where as before I could use any text size.
Perhaps there is an issue somewhere.
All other sites are ok.
Xp Home SO2 IE6

Cheers.

esbe 14:05 06 May 2008

I meant SP2 not SO2

johnnyrocker 17:26 06 May 2008

mine might have been the same re scrolling down but i never thought of it, still doesn't explain the reboot issue when modem/router turned off.

johnny

eedcam 18:46 06 May 2008

same for me started today all other websites are ok.

eedcam 18:50 06 May 2008

Johnny just tried the routere reboot di'nt sort anything or cause pc to reboot either

audeal 19:29 06 May 2008

I seem to recall this happening to me some months ago (or weeks). I can't remember if I did anything to sort it out but it has been ok ever since. I don't think it is a big problem but if it keeps happening then I suggest you report it to the FE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?