PC Advisor logon

ethelbert 09:53 05 Jul 2008

When I log on to PC Advisor using IE I am welcomed with my user name. When I log in with FF I don't get this.

How to I enable cookies with FF please?
I thought I had.

Many thanks,
Ethel

rawprawn 11:28 05 Jul 2008

Tools> Options> Privacy> Tick the boxes Accept Cookies from sites and Accept third party cookies

ethelbert 12:26 05 Jul 2008

Tools> Options> Privacy> Tick the boxes Accept Cookies from sites and Accept third party cookies
==
Many thanks.

That is what I had done, so did it once again, this time deleting all cookies and making sure that pc advisor was one of those allowed.

I then shut down completely and tried it out and the only way I can get my user name to show and answer messages if via IE. Using FF 2.0.0.8 gets me simply to the site with no user name

ethelbert 12:28 05 Jul 2008

LOL would be a great idea if I had actually logged in first with FF!!

Thanks a lot.

rawprawn 13:36 05 Jul 2008

Mystery solved !!

Chas49 14:10 05 Jul 2008

ethelbert:

Try Firefox 3 - on my computer its a lot faster loading, downside is that add-ons which worked in FF2 do not in FF3 - but useable add-ons are now appearing - in particular Colortabs and Download Status Bar

click here

ethelbert 14:17 05 Jul 2008

Thanks Bar,
But I don't really want to pay for a browser.

Ethel

cocteau48 14:25 05 Jul 2008

But I don't really want to pay for a browser.

ethelbert

Firefox is FREE...... all versions

ethelbert 14:28 05 Jul 2008

Thanks to all, I was a bit mystified as I clicked on a link given here and was taken to a website where I had to pay for FF3. I disconnected and then searched for FF3 and have now downloaded this from Mozilla.

Bar: Thanks for suggesting this upgrade Bar as my FF2 was playing up a bit - not what I am used to with that browser.

Cheers,
Ethel

ethelbert 14:28 05 Jul 2008

Thanks to all, I was a bit mystified as I clicked on a link given here and was taken to a website where I had to pay for FF3. I disconnected and then searched for FF3 and have now downloaded this from Mozilla.

Bar: Thanks for suggesting this upgrade Bar as my FF2 was playing up a bit - not what I am used to with that browser.

Cheers,
Ethel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?