PC ADVISOR LAYOUT

gold 47 17:53 16 Oct 2003

Sorry don't like the new layout.

Diemmess 17:55 16 Oct 2003

"Fools and bairns shouldn't see things half done!

At least what I can see is OK - so far.

[email protected] 21:18 16 Oct 2003

I reckon the layout refers to the mag. A lot better buuuuttttt....who chose the yukky orange print for the Q's in the Q's/A's section. Pale orange on white makes for tired/strained eyes.
As for the Forum layout, apart from the grey areas (no pun intended!) it seems much the same.

Forum Editor 21:56 16 Oct 2003

He's pulling your leg.

Gandalph 22:46 16 Oct 2003

I think the Home Page header is an improvement but it seems to load slower to me.

spuds 01:08 17 Oct 2003

The mass of grey is tooo much.Giving me eye strain.Side strip wants filling,due to 3" blank space. And why should anyone looking over my shoulder, need to know how many times I have logged on and when etc. Best to hide some of this information.Re-ajustment in this section, would perhaps solve the missing top quarter of my screen. Having to change to Home page, to see what posts are running,is not very with-it.Best in old format, which gave you a running information board whilst reading dislayed selected posts.

Suggestion/Moan over (;o(

Andsome 08:52 17 Oct 2003

I must admit that the grey stripe down the side seems a waste of space, I'm not bothered one way or the other about the change as such, but I wonder if anything is planned for the grey stripe, or is it to be left as it is, a waste of space?

woodchip 13:57 18 Oct 2003

Items switched from right to left,??? but why do we need the left column as we can see what is the latest post or thread, it as alway's in my mind been a waste of space

woodchip 14:50 18 Oct 2003

It's fast by miles on Dial-Up but which they would remove the left panel

woodchip 15:14 18 Oct 2003

Wish not which

Belatucadrus 15:23 18 Oct 2003

I'm happy enough with the grey columns, you lose them on 800 x 600, but I don't like the left hand "latest Post" column. It takes too much room from the post itself and doesn't tell you anything you don't find when you view all subjects. I'd remove it, but that's just my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)