PC Advisor Latest DVD eScan

Duncanf 00:04 15 Sep 2006

I downloaded eScan from the PC Advisor October edition to use the anti-Spam programme in an effort to prevent many spam e-mails. It loaded an Anti virus programme as well so I deleted my AVG.
Since then I have been unable to get onto the Internet or receive any e-mails (using Incredimail.) I uninstalled the programme with difficulty, eventually having to delete folder by folder as the Add/Remove option in Control Panel refused to do it in one step. Still no luck with Incredimail. I then tried 'System Restore' to find there were no available restore points although I am not aware of switching it off. 'Help and Support' was the next option but I got the message 'Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system services is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support.' When I click OK I get the same message again. Any suggestions as how I can get back online with e-mails as well?

skidzy 00:15 15 Sep 2006

Personally i would delete all traces of my internet connectivity and create a new one.

Firstly if you have your windows disc,try sfc /scannow click here

Duncanf 00:23 15 Sep 2006

Thanks Skidsy. Will try.

Duncanf 00:25 15 Sep 2006

I'm having to work between two computers so sorry if there is not a quick reply!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?