PC ACTING WIERD PLEASE HELP

Alvin Dahlén 17:55 18 Oct 2018

So yesterday I used my computer and it worked like normal. Then I was gonna use it today. I turned it on and could hear the fans kicking in, but no windows popped up (which it usually does in 7 sec) and all I could see on the screen was a black screen and a white dot on the left middle part of the screen. My fans where louder, like they were working but nothing was processed. Just the black screen with the white dot. Can it be my DisplayPort cable that is broken? Is my monitor broken? Is the whole god damn pc broken?

Specs on my desktop: 8gb ram i5 4690k GTX 970

That’s basically all I know. Have a picture of the detailed specs somewhere. It’s a home build that I bought half a year ago.

Forum Editor 18:00 18 Oct 2018

Moved to Tech Helprrom from Digital Home and Smartphone help.

wee eddie 18:06 18 Oct 2018

Probably the most frequent cause of this, Fans running but nothing else, is that the Power Supply beginning to break down.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:19 18 Oct 2018

if cable then no signal message on monitor.

worth just checking card is fully connected in slot and cable fully connected at monitor and card.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France