PC Accelerator on PCA's CD - issue 114

TOPCAT® 14:20 16 Nov 2004

My OS is WinMe.

Loaded this software today and tried an optimisation. It didn't complete and I got this message: "Optimisation failed due to internal WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) error" Sent a report to developers and they promptly replied as follows:

"We have been preparing an update for this product that should solve a WMI communication
problem that appears on a few hardware configurations. The update will get automatically
downloaded and installed as soon as it is available, provided that you have your AutoUpdate
feature ON (this is the default settings)"

So to others with the same difficulty now you know why. ;o) TC.

TOPCAT® 18:17 16 Nov 2004

is available from click here Never heard of this Polish company before but they certainly have plenty on offer. TC.

Hofnar 14:16 17 Nov 2004

Thanks TOPCAT. I think I'll wait for the update.

Hofnar

sniffey 00:50 22 Nov 2004

I have tried the cd and I have found the same problem anyone any ideas on how to sort this out. Thanks sniffey

I have tried the cd and I have found the same problem anyone any ideas on how to sort this out. Thanks sniffey

TOPCAT® 22:01 22 Nov 2004

Think you had hiccups there sniffey! :o) Just have to wait until they update the program, as Hofnar says. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)