Paypal

maz2 00:22 05 Mar 2005

Had an e-mail the other day which said that somebody had tried to access my account but that they had been stopped they told me to sign in and check my account. I deleted the e mail but did check by typing in paypal's address in the address bar (not clicking link in email). Do you think this is a scam, or is it genuine. As I do not use the account I have now deleted all my card numbers from the account

Salinger 00:25 05 Mar 2005

Typical phishing trip.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:26 05 Mar 2005

a definate scam.

maz2 00:29 05 Mar 2005

I thought so too, just shows how careful you have to be

Forum Editor 01:11 05 Mar 2005

phishing trip.

€dstowe 06:31 05 Mar 2005

I've had two similar emails about my Paypal account. Interestingly, I don't have one, never have had one and I doubt that I will ever need one.

octal 07:15 05 Mar 2005

I've had a Paypal account for years, even before I had heard about phishing I received an email informing me as my account was inactive and will be delete, I should reactivate it by clicking on the link and reenter my details.

My first reaction was, so what! Delete it then! I'll just open a new one, the email got deleted.

Well Surprise! Surprise! The account is still active after all these years.

snowy7077 09:54 05 Mar 2005

When you receive messages like this simply click the forward button on your e mail browser, and send the entire message to "[email protected]"
They will send you a response within 60secs or less.
If you are not addressed by your first name from either Pay Pal or E bay, then the mail you received is a spoof. Just delete it, or forward the entire mail to [email protected] ebay.co.uk or the one listed above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?