payment gateway: which to use?

AlBorne 22:28 18 Mar 2019

I am making an app that allows users to purchase credits, use credits in the app in a way that allow users to get credits from other users, and cash out at any time. The credits have a monetary value and users will be allowed to redeem them for money. I've built into the package structures the cut that stripe/paypal/braintree/dwolla etc would take. So I am fine with the fee these companies charge. My problem is that these companies do not want to work with me because they all have a restriction for working with solutions that involve "virtual currency", which I guess my app technically falls under.

For example, Stripe's restriction:

Virtual currency that can be monetized, resold, or converted to physical or digital products and services or otherwise exit the virtual world (e.g., Bitcoin); sale of stored value or credits maintained, accepted and issued by anyone other than the seller.

I contacted them, proposing a change that would take out the "virtual currency" component and allow users to just straight up deal with monetary values. I was told that this becomes a sort of e-Wallet, which isn't supportable either.

Does anyone have any ideas of payment gateways that will be compatible with my app? I am based in Canada.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs