Passwords With Zipped Files

Robotic_Rob 23:22 28 Jun 2004

Being the lad i am i have put a password on a zipped file. And i cant remember what the password is at all. Is they any chance anyone can crack the password for me(If i send them the file) or tell me a program that can crack a zipped file with the character limits being from about 1-15.

It is all my own work, so its all legal.(For FE before he wants to delete the topic for being illegal)

I would be really greatful.

Cheers

Rob

VoG II 23:29 28 Jun 2004

As you are aware this is against the site policy. However from the way you have worded your question, I guess that this is a legitimate request. Was this password protected using WinZip, or what?

Robotic_Rob 23:35 28 Jun 2004

That is why i said it is all my own work, as it is. If they was a way i cud verify that i made the document on my pc then i would certainly show the proof.

I used Winrar, but i selected it to be a zip file. As i cant seem to get the password to work properly saving it as a Rar(*.rar)

As far as i can remember the password was either all letters or all numbers. Not a mixed password with all sorts of characters in it.

Robotic_Rob 23:39 28 Jun 2004

Also the file is only a Exel file being 73kb in size. So surly that would prove it cant be out important to anyone but me.

VoG II 23:42 28 Jun 2004

Against my better judgement click here

Dan the Confused 23:43 28 Jun 2004
  Robotic_Rob 23:52 28 Jun 2004

Cheers Vog + Dan The Confused.

But Vog its a zip file, so it wont work with that rar one you gave. And Dan The Confused, i dont know how to use that "Advanced ZIP Password Recovery v3.54" properly so it dunt do it.

Either of you two, if i send you the file may you find out the password for me. And email with password. ???

Id be Greatfull

Cheers

Rob

Dan the Confused 23:56 28 Jun 2004

Ok, I'll have a go for you but can't promise anything.

Robotic_Rob 00:00 29 Jun 2004

Cheers, What a guy.I aint expecting a definate answer. Just so long as you give it a whirl, then im happy at that.

Whats your email address? As i cant see an option to add an attachment when clicking on the envelope.

Dan the Confused 13:31 29 Jun 2004

Have you checked your email yet?

byfordr 15:58 29 Jun 2004

Try snadboy in google

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?