Panda ActiveScan and infected files?

spuds 22:25 08 Sep 2003

I like a number of other people, seem to be getting rather paranoid about virus's and infected files etc.I do a regular update of all my anti-virus (AVG)and other protection devices installed on my computer. I do constant checks both manually and automatic, and on all occasions I have had the all clear.Today, I have just downloaded the on-line Panda ActiveScan, and completed a full scan of my computer.

ActiveScan as found and disinfected four problems, within my Exploit/Byte...C:\Documents and Setting\User\Local Setting\Temp Files. Should I be alarmed, or is this a method, so that I will purchase a Panda anti-virus product.What are these files mentioned, anything of importance?

ellas 22:47 08 Sep 2003

might be a problem,found this thread about it click here you could try clearing your temp files and run it again to see if thats got rid of it,do you have a firewall.

holly polly 22:47 08 Sep 2003

hi spuds i would be inclined to do another online scan to verify what panda have told you here is a link to symantecs site ,do the online scan and let me know how you get on ,if anything it will only verify or put your mind at ease -have fun the link is here click here
hol pol...

spuds 19:29 09 Sep 2003

Thanks for reply.ellas good link. holly polly-think that I have upset something.Tried to download your link twice, and all signs that download was progressing.After twenty minutes I gave up, as something was not correct. I think Panda as done something naughty. My AVG anti-virus is now telling me that it is corrupted.Tried to repair without success, so had to re-install AVG.

Gaz 25 12:45 16 Nov 2003

I hae run panda, and shown my system up as clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts