Paint Shop Pro - Circle

halliborange 23:08 30 Jul 2007

Hi All,
I'm making a Powerpoint Presentation for an awards evening. As Part of this I would like the award winners picture to appear as a circle. To do this I need to be able to crop a circular part of an image (around the persons head). Im using PSP8 and can quickly crop a square or rectangle from an image but can't see how to crop a perfect circle. Does anyone have any idea how to do it in PSP or another (hopefully free!) image editor? Thanks

I am Spartacus 23:16 30 Jul 2007

This is for version 7 so it might be slightly different for version 8.

Choose the selection tool and on the Tools Option Palette choose Selection Type Circle.

hssutton 23:19 30 Jul 2007

Not sure about PSP. In PS use the circular marquee tool,hold down the shift key and drag the mouse to create a circle. then open a new page selecting whatever colour you prefer and drag the selection onto the new page.

johnnyrocker 23:20 30 Jul 2007

try holding ctrl when drawing the circle.

johnny.

Belatucadrus 23:20 30 Jul 2007

Well on PSP 7 if you Toggle Tool Options Window for the "Selection" option you get a window with a dropdown list of possible selection shapes, "Circle" is sixth one down, simply Copy or Cut from the original then Paste New Image.

woodchip 23:21 30 Jul 2007

When you click the crop tool does it show a square in the tool bar? You should be able to change it from a drop down

halliborange 23:41 30 Jul 2007

Thanks everyone - so simple when u know how!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)