paint program doing something odd

KEITH 1955 15:45 21 Apr 2019

I have a real strange problem , I save a screen shot with prnt scrn and then use paint app to save it as a jpg in my pictures. If I open the screen shot in the folder it is a proper screen shot.

If I attach it to an email and then check my sent emails box I discover it has been sent with my toolbar short cuts across the top of the screen shot so the sent attachment actually looks like my browsers web page in use.

More worrying if I click on the short cuts shown on the screen shot they work so obviously my screen shots are a security risk.

lotvic 10:39 22 Apr 2019

Instead of Print Screen use the snipping tool to select part of the screen instead of the whole desktop.

if I click on the short cuts shown on the screen shot they work

I tried but was unable to recreate that problem with a screenshot.jpg

KEITH 1955 09:19 23 Apr 2019

Hi lotvic , when I clicked the screen shot that was uploaded ready to send in the email it showed the toolbar as I described but when I sent it to myself and opened it , it did not show the tool bar on the opened attachment , a strange one I know but I think panic over , I thought others were get sent my toolbar on the email but as you pointed out , you could not make it happen.

Kevin Alders 10:40 23 Apr 2019

If I attach it to an email and then check my sent emails box I discover it has been sent with my toolbar short cuts across the top of the screen shot so the sent attachment actually looks like my browsers web page in use.

Your jpg files are associated with your web browser. In other words change the default program to something else for example the Photos App on Windows 10.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7 Pro review

Chip sauce inks and the world's largest letterpress made for new book on northern identity

iPhone 5G release date rumours

Comment enregistrer un appel téléphonique ?