"The page cannot be displayed"

splinternet 23:11 07 Dec 2005

This has got me and my work colleagues stumped. My laptop cannot display the web sites of a couple of my customers, click here and click here In both cases, I get the above msg, but my colleagues can all access these sites ok. I've checked the settings on my laptop, and nothing seems awry. It only seems to be these two sites I have problems with. Any ideas?

Wak 10:45 08 Dec 2005

I can access them both but it may be that you are having problems connecting to a server somewhere?
Try this, open Internet Explorer/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Connections, click the LAN SETTINGS button at the bottom of the page and remove all the ticks from the next page that shows.
You can always replace them if necessary.

splinternet 10:51 08 Dec 2005

Wak, the only box that's ticked is "automatically detect settings". If I untick that, won't I then be unable to connect to the internet?

splinternet 10:55 08 Dec 2005

Wak, the only box that's ticked is "automatically detect settings". If I untick that, won't I then be unable to connect to the internet?

PaulB2005 11:00 08 Dec 2005

Yes you will. I don't have it ticked and never have done in 4 years.

Wak 11:05 08 Dec 2005

Did you try it???
Mine haven't been ticked for months since having problems waiting for PROXY settings, contacting server, etc.
Wak.

splinternet 11:23 08 Dec 2005

ok. Tried that, I'm afraid there's no change.

Confab 12:23 08 Dec 2005

Have you checked your Hosts file?

splinternet 12:45 08 Dec 2005

Confab, I don't think so. Can you explain how I do this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?