al1234 09:00 22 Jan 2005

I want to use my Packard Bell Diamond speakers on another computer, which is not Packard Bell, can you buy some sort of adaptor so they can be used to play on the other PC.

  Computerdope 09:08 22 Jan 2005

plug do they use,

i thought all speakers used the same sockets.

  al1234 09:33 22 Jan 2005

On P/ bell machines they have a audio socket at the top near the power supply of the back of the computer where one of the leads is plugged in, then the green and blue are plugged into the normal audio sockets.

  Computerdope 09:41 22 Jan 2005

is the socket near the psu audio or power for the speakers?

  al1234 09:46 22 Jan 2005

it is next to the PSU

  Computerdope 12:54 22 Jan 2005

is the plug near the psu purple incoluour.
if so this is the 12v power supply for the speakers

  Computerdope 12:58 22 Jan 2005

click here

looks like it could be ac not dc for the power

  al1234 13:58 22 Jan 2005

So if i get this ac 12V power supply will it do the trick

  Computerdope 15:34 22 Jan 2005

i would check with a multimeter first, just to be on the safe side

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A8 review: Hands-on

Illustrator Juan Esteban Rodriguez on creating highly detailed official film posters for Star Wars…

iMac Pro review

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?