packard bell recovery disc fail

dj flick 20:33 16 Sep 2015

Hi can anyone help me,i have a packard bell desktop pc which is on vista home 32 bit that i am having major problems with.It all started when i got phone call from who i thought was Microsoft,the person i spoke to said that i had had my pc hacked and that it sent 3000 infected files out,and need to get it sorted,so they told me to enter some words into start bar and then they said i had to buy new serial code from them,little did i know this was a con and they put a password on my pc so i used my recovery disc to reformat my computer and it keeps failing at 86 percent and when i start it in normal mode or any other i get system fail error,please can anybody help me as i need my pc and i know it will load up eventually.

xania 11:45 17 Sep 2015

Make sure that your HHD partition is fully reformatted and that the hack has not put a hidden partition on your HHD with some rogue software. You will need a decent partition manager and boot from that (on a CD) rather than from your HHD. Best approach is to delete all partitions on the HHD, then create a new partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France