OVERCLOCK AMD X2 3800+ ON ASROCK 939 DUAL SATA2?

gra80 11:47 09 Mar 2006

Hi,
I`ve studied many sites on this subject, this cpu & board is not overclocked in the `normal` way and I`m still not sure how to achieve a moderate increase in speed, step-by-step instruction related specifically to this board/cpu is what I would be so grateful for as I know this chip is a good overclocker!, (I do a lot of dvd/video decoding)

All I have done so far is ensure I`m on `1T` instead of `2T`, the pc has no problems with this setting even though I only have the (1GB)GEIL MATCHED DUAL CHANNEL VALUE MEMORY PC3200.

Any one overclocked this m/brd /cpu combination?

Totally-braindead 11:59 09 Mar 2006

I don't overclock as theres too many things that can go wrong. The performance increase in my opinion at least is pretty poor considering you are risking your machine blowing up. I appreciate you can take it a bit at a time to lessen any risk but considering you have a dual core 3800 I have to ask what the point is?
I'm sure others will completely disagree with me on this and I'm sure theres quite a few members on this Forum that do overclock but I'm not one of them. I also think you'd get more advice on a dedicated overclocking site but good luck in any case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?