Outlook set up

RamUK 12:07 17 Jul 2003

I have Outlook 2000 with Office 2000 professional.

I am trying to set up Outlook so that when I open it, it goes straight to my inbox. I have done this in previous versions but I can not find out how to do it with this one. I have checked Help and looked in all the usual places like Views, Options etc etc and I think I'm going mad because I'm sure it can be done.

One other thing. When Outlook does open and goes to the Outlook Today page, there is a Customise Outlook Today button in the top right. Even though it appears to be a link, clicking on it does nothing. Is it the same as the customise button under Tools?

Cheers

Big Elf 13:40 17 Jul 2003

Try this. Right click on the Outlook icon and select properties, click on the shortcut tab and in the target box paste in the following:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /recycle

This is how it's set-up on my system and Outlook opens at the inbox.

The button doesn't work for me either.

RamUK 13:53 17 Jul 2003

It's already set up like that.

Thansk for the input though.

Jester2K II 14:00 17 Jul 2003

On the Outlook Today page isn't there a link or option to set Outlook to goto the Inbox next time??

Jester2K II 14:04 17 Jul 2003

Try Tools, Menu, Options, Other, Advanced, Startup In This Folder.

Take from Outlook 2002 but i'm sure it the same as 2000...

Big Elf 14:17 17 Jul 2003

Well spotted.

RamUK 14:29 17 Jul 2003

Sorted

rawprawn 16:12 17 Jul 2003

Outlook 2000 using Office Professional go to Outlook today/Tools/options/other/advanced options/there is a dropdown menu at the top, called startup in this folder, change the setting to inbox.

rawprawn 16:24 17 Jul 2003

The answer to your second question is no,it is different but if you use Tools/options or Tools/customise you can do anything from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?