Hot Topics

Outlook sends emails to deleted folder.

pcadvice 15:54 14 Feb 2020

I have Outlook on mobile & tablet & PC. Recently I find numerous emails in Deleted folder. I am not aware I have made this happen ? How can I stop emails going to deleted. I want them in the Inbox.Thanks.

MPN1A 18:40 14 Feb 2020

Just happened to me, too.

pcadvice 09:52 15 Feb 2020

I have Googled this issue & find a number of answers, none of which work. Anyone have any suggestions please ?

difarn 18:35 18 Feb 2020

Not knowing what you have already tried makes it a bit difficult to respond. The most obvious things are that you haven't clicked ignore on the top of e-mails and that you haven't set any rules that are sending them direct to your inbox.

pcadvice 14:36 19 Feb 2020

Thanks for this difarn, I have checked my inbox & emails.The only options I can find are ; archive , delete , move , set flag , clear flag , mark as read / unread , reply , reply all , forward , archive , mark as spam , previous , next , find ,save as ,zoom , print.Please can you elighten me on how I check any instructions / rules that I have entered wrongly ? Thank you for your help.

difarn 14:41 19 Feb 2020

I hope this article will give you what you need.

click here

pcadvice 17:10 19 Feb 2020

Thanks difarn but I must have something wrong. When I right click on a message the list of options is ; archive , delete , move , set flag , mark as unread , mark as spam , move to other , always move to other. The is no option to set a rule.Any further thoughts Please ?

difarn 20:28 19 Feb 2020

Which version of Outlook do you have?

difarn 20:31 19 Feb 2020

Just a though, have you tried

Options > Mail > Automatic processing > Inbox and sweep rules

pcadvice 09:25 20 Feb 2020

Thanks difarn, I have checked everywhere, settings etc & I do not have an options or file to click on. I am using W.10 professional & the Outlook mail shows as ; Version 16005.12430.20136. Thank you for your help, any further thoughts Please ?

difarn 13:25 20 Feb 2020

Can I suggest that you see if there are any updates available?

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Can Art Book publishing weather the current crisis?

New MacBook Pro 2020 release date

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique