Outlook & Public Holidays

sibaw 19:54 22 Mar 2006

Does anyone know how to set up outlook so that the UK public holidays actually show in the calendar, rather than in the events view? I have added the UK holidays by selecting in the tools/options/calendar options/add holidays.

VoG II 20:04 22 Mar 2006
  sibaw 10:03 25 Mar 2006

Thanks VoG but I do not have an outlook.txt file, or a 1033 folder. I am using Office XP standard. I can see the holidays in outlook category view - view/current view/by category, but they do not appear on the pages of the diary, so I tend to make appointments on things like easter etc

VoG II 12:08 25 Mar 2006
  Marsh Warden © ™ 13:44 25 Mar 2006

After you add the holidays go to View\Current View and select Day/Week/Month and you should see the fixed holidays (New Years Day/Xmas Day etc. Holidays such as Good Friday/Easter Day are movable feasts IE they don't occur on the same day each year so they are not shown. I can't think of any way to show these.

sibaw 18:20 25 Mar 2006

thanks to you both, I can see the holidays, but they used to appear in the calendar. Now I can either view the calendar, or choose category view and see the bank holidays. What I want is to see the holidays in my day/week/month view.

thanks for your time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)