outlook problem

karl1483 21:23 05 Jul 2004

i recently have started getting the following message when opening outlook express "the add in c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XCOLExt.dll could not be installed or loaded it may be resolved by useing detect and repair unable to load c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\XCOLExt.dll may be out of memory or system resources or missing dll file" i did as it suggested and ran the repair which it said was successfull untill next time i ran outlook and got same message again,it also told me i needed to activate outlook again which i did.does anyone have any clues as to what is going on.i have restored to a point i know is good but this seems to make no differance.i am using winxp home athlon 2600+ 512ddr

VoG II 21:36 05 Jul 2004

I'm confused. Is this Outlook (part of Office) or Outlook Express? And which version please?

THE TERMINATOR 21:58 05 Jul 2004

VoG™ it is OE and XP

VoG II 22:02 05 Jul 2004

But there is no Detect and Repair in OE and no Add-ins either! Puzzled!

karl1483 22:03 05 Jul 2004

sorry i am useing microsoft outlook 2002 not outlook express i use mozilla as my default browser i hope this helps

VoG II 22:10 05 Jul 2004

This is for Outlook 2003 - you may have to look somewhere different in 2002.

Tools/Options, Other tab, Advanced button, Add-In manager button or COM add-in button. Untick anything to do with XCOLExt.dll and OK your way out. Exit Outlook then restart it.

karl1483 22:19 05 Jul 2004

thank you managed to find an add in that was related the the sony ericsson software i had removed earlier for you info the software was "XTNDConnect pc for sony ericsson" that came with my new sony t630 phone, that didnt work anyway hence why i removed it.once again thank you VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts