Outlook Express versus Outlook

AlanHo 23:09 22 Sep 2003

In Outlook Express - if I right click on a message then properties > details I can see the originators Email address, the message routing and timings etc.

Is it possible to get the same info when using Outlook - if so - how ?

Terrahawk 00:26 23 Sep 2003

open the message left click on the name next to from to highlight, then right click/ properties and it will give their email adress

AlanHo 07:19 23 Sep 2003

Terrahawk

Thanks for the info - but I still cannot get the amount of information available in Outlook Express.

Some time go I changed from using Outlook Express to Outlook and exported all my files to Outlook when I migrated. It would appear that when you migrate the files they are stripped of the hidden information because I cannot get the Email addresses from the migrated files. Messages sent or received using Outlook are OK. I have lost someone's Email address and was hoping to get it from one of their old messages - but no joy.

fitshase 12:49 23 Sep 2003

Right click on the message header in your inbox and select Options.

There should be a box pops up (Message Options).

At the bottom of that box there is box with the e-mail header information (just like Outlook Express).

Regards

Fitshase

AlanHo 20:34 23 Sep 2003

Fitshase

Thanks for the info - you were spot on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts