Outlook Express links not opening

yinghau 19:15 16 Oct 2003

Dear All,

I would be grateful for any input regarding my problem.

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that when I have an e-mail on Outlook Express, I am unable to successfully open up any links that are within the e-mail. What happens when I click on a link (web address), an internet explorer window opens - but it's blank and just has an hour-glass over it. I can wait for hours, and nothing will happen. However, when I click on the "stop" sign and then "refresh" the page - I am able to obtain the link. This problem is more a nuisance than a major problem. However, I experience a somewhat more inconvenient problem on some websites where I click on a link and smaller window opens up but nothing appears in it (forever!). The problem with the smaller window, is that it doesn't display a "stop" or "refresh" icon - so I am unable visualise the intended link whatsoever. One example website is click here

I have installed all the latest Windows Updates and have the most up to date Java software. I have tried disablng my Norton firewall and attempting to restore to an earlier "system restore" point with no success. Is anyone out there able to help?

fyi, I have an AMD 3200+ XP, 1GB RAM computer.

Many thanks.

Ying

VoG II 19:17 16 Oct 2003

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?