Outlook Express Help

User-A513884A-C47B-4EFC-81D8ED4F8C039EBB 19:55 11 Apr 2003

Following a panic call from my Mother, I have just had to reload her PC using a new hard drive. The other one has a master boot record problem following some 'help' from a friend of hers. Fortunately I have a backup of all the really important stuff, but I was wondering if it is possible to retrieve the emails & address book from the old hard drive (she was using Outlook Express). The drive is accessible, but cannot boot from it. Can anyone tell me where the emails etc are stored?? Should be able to get some peace and quiet then.

Lozzy 20:21 11 Apr 2003

Search for *.pst copy and paste into new drive. In-box sent Items and all other folders ending in pst..

if the drive is still accessible as a slave then no probs

exodus 20:49 11 Apr 2003

I believe OE stores the folders in a dbx format.
Search for *.dbx
You may need a dbx reader to bring them back to an eml format, you can get one from here.
click here
Convert and copy back in.

DieSse 01:24 12 Apr 2003

The address book is stored in a wab file - search for *.wab. Copy it onto the new drive, then run the import facility in OE.

If you find the folder with the inbox.dbx and other folders - copy the whole folder to the new drivw (not just the files) - then do a similar import.

DieSse 01:57 12 Apr 2003

Should read

If you find the folder with the inbox.dbx and other files - copy the whole folder to the new drive (not just the files) - then do a similar import.

sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?