outlook express help!

nene01 15:33 05 May 2006

I would like to use outlook express instead of aol email, i cant find it on pc its not in the start menu, could i of deleted it or didnt i have it anyway,i have windows xp, plz help thanks.

VoG II 15:59 05 May 2006

It should be C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

Jackcoms 16:04 05 May 2006

Or go to Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs and click on Add/Remove Windows Components at the left-hand side.

Scroll down until you find Outlook Express and, if it's NOT ticked, tick it and click next and follow the instructions.

Have your Windows CD handy.

nene01 17:15 05 May 2006

Thanks for your quick response VoG, i did what you told me to do,i opened outlook express in program files and found 12 files or programs but i couldnt open them. Thanks to you also Jackcoms and yes i got it but i couldnt send emails, it said, hotmail no longer allows email access via outlook express for free email accounts, does that mean i have to pay for the account, thanks to you both once again but were do i go from there, sorry to be a pain again.

VoG II 17:17 05 May 2006

Yes, Microsoft no longer support the use of Outlook Express for the free version of Hotmail. It will work with the paid-for Hotmail.

remind 17:20 05 May 2006

you can use Freepops if you don't mind a little setting-up, click here
circumvents the hotmail restriction and enables you to get your aol mail via oe too

nene01 17:45 05 May 2006

Thanks VoG, remind and Jackcoms for all your help, where would i be without this great pc adviser helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?