Outlook Express crashes at "message rules" option

DIYgirl 15:39 31 May 2005

I checked my emails on Wanadoo's webmail server for the first time this weekend (didn't know I could!) and found over 300 messages sent to me over the last six months which I had not received on my home computer. Most were spam but some were not, and Wanadoo's server had not marked them as spam, either. I wondered if it was something to do with the blocked senders list on my home computer, and so I tried to access that--but each time I try to click on any option under the "tools/message rules optinon, the program crashes.

I'm assuming I need to reinstall OE but wondered if there was a way to do this which didn't involve backing up all my addresses and messages first. I remember once reinstalling OE over the top of the old, damaged copy with no effect on the messages etc but don't want to risk it if I might lose stuff. Is this what I should do, do you think? And if so, what's the best way to do this, anyway? Sorry to be dim. All help will be appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:09 31 May 2005

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Also, you can get to the IE Tools menu by clicking Start > Run and type

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

If still no joy, uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express.

OE Help
click here

Outlook backup tool
click here

Mikè 16:21 31 May 2005

Outlook Express Quick Backup click here is a reliable and easy way to back up all your emails and settings before trying any repair.

Unfortunatly the sugestion from Fruit Bat /\0/\ appears to be for Outlook only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?